Have you ever considered using Slinky in a client marketing, promotional or advertising campaign?
If not, here are ten reasons why you should:
- 94% of all Americans know Slinky.
- Slinky has one of the strongest and most recognizable brand names of any product
- Slinky is one of the few products that is still made in America (Hollidaysburg, PA).
- Slinky is made from 90% recycled metal.
- Slinky is recession resistant.
- Slinky is an American icon with an extremely positive image.
- Slinky can be color-keyed to match your clients corporate or product colors.
- Slinky can be used as a means of packaging other products, i.e. compress t-shirt into a Slinky; fill center with candy; add circular Post-it notes; shrink wrap. You’ve just “stretched” your imagination.
- Custom Slinky boxes can be provided for your creative program.
- Real brass and gold Slinkys are available for special awards programs.
- The first kid to ever play with a Slinky, Tom James, the Slinky Master and son of the inventor, can be available for special programs, i.e. autographed Slinky retro boxes, tell Slinky history, demonstrate Slinky.
Imagine all of this success came from an accident? The Slinky® story to me, is an amazing one. It makes a great promotional item for any type of event. It is a nationally recognized piece of history that still carries on in the retail toy world as well as the promotional one.
Other milestones include:
- The Discovery and History Channels selected Slinky as one of the top 10 toys of the 20th Century.
- The U.S. Postal Service honored Slinky on a 1999 commemorative stamp.
- Slinky participated on a NASA space mission.
- Over 300 million Slinkys have been sold.